May is National Moving Month: 6 Tips for a Stress-Free Move
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, about 40 million Americans—one in nine people—move each year.
Moving is such a prevalent activity for Americans during the springtime that May is dedicated to this trend. This is when the nation starts to see a major uptick in relocations; however, if the thought of moving homes makes you start to sweat, you're not alone. In fact, some studies have shown that moving is more stressful than wedding planning or divorce.
Don't despair! There are ways to keep moving day tolerable and prevent raising your blood pressure. Planning ahead and organizing can go a long way to keeping things under control.
1. Use Moving to De-Clutter and to Get Rid of Items You Don't Need or Use: Donate or throw away unwanted items so you'll have less to pack and unpack
2. Group Items Together When Packing: Keeping items together from each room of your house will make unpacking easier
3. Use a Different Colored Label For Each Room's Boxes: This will allow you to be efficient when unloading, especially if you have movers or helpers
4. Use a Clear Tote for Important Items: This guarantees that important items are visible and easy to locate during your move
5. Share The Load: Hire an experienced and well-rated moving company or save some money and ask willing friends or family to lend a hand
6. Keep Essential Items With You: If your moving truck is delayed or you end up arriving at your destination later than expected (things happen!), keep important overnight items with you
Moving doesn't have to be a High-Stress Event. With a little planning and preparation, your first night's stay in your new place won't be a sleepless one!
Author:Kristi Ghent - BRE #01807699 Phone: 916-759-1084 Dated: May 17th 2018 Views: 366 About Kristi: Specializing in Residential Resale & New Construction
Land Sales & Residential Acreage
Buy, Sell &...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
About eXp Realty California - Northern / Central Valley
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
May is National Moving Month: 6 Tips for a Stress-Free MoveAccording t
"Colleen helped me find the perfect home for my young children and myself. My children were present with me on most of the home tours while I was shopping for our home. She was very accommodating, professional, friendly, and most of all had amazing knowledge to share. This was the first time I was purchasing a home all by myself, and her knowledge and experience made the process very smooth and easy! She had fantastic recommendations when it came to writing offers which also made me feel at ease throughout the whole process. I ultimately found the perfect home for my family and we created many, many wonderful memories there. Thank you, Colleen, for your professional integrity, knowledge, and most of all, the friendship that developed from my home-shopping experience."